Monday, September 19, 2011

It Starts!

I made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare! I had 7 wonderful friends to say the final goodbyes and give some last minute advice. From what I can remember I should not share a cab with a stranger but I should bring home a wealthy French boy so I can have a big house in Fargo. I think one of those will be easier than the other but I guess we never know! ;) After a quick breakfast and passing through security we just had time to sit in the terminal. I’d say we bonded a lot during that time, taking our first official group picture! I suggested we all remember our exact spots in the picture so we can assemble quickly for the bajillion pictures we’re going to take over the next 35 days. (Landing in Chicago shortly! More later.) Our flight out of Fargo was delayed due to bad weather in Chicago but we made it eventually. The first plane was 3 seats across and felt like a private jet, with less personal space. We trekked across the Chicago airport all by ourselves and found food close to our connecting flight’s gate. After some group bonding we got to board our next plane, which is a Boeing 767- a little bigger than the last plane. We had some fun getting settled on this plane and take off was a bit bumpy. My dreams of constant travel in the future is quickly fading, not sure flying is my thing. We are watching movies and listening to music on our own tv’s and headsets! Our flight will land in Brussels around 8:40 am their time so we’ve got a full day of adventuring as soon as we get there and we’ll be on the go for the next 5 weeks I’m sure, but that’s what makes life fun! More tomorrow!



Love,
Jenacious

No comments:

Post a Comment