Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pariiiee!

Evening! It is now 2 am in Paris, France and my lovely roommate is already sleeping, hoepfully staying asleep despite my noise. We had teh coolest train ride to France this morning, first class with our own section and reclining chairs, nice desks, it was perfect. But trains instigate motion sickness so the ride got to be a bit long (it's about 2-3 hours I believe, from Antwerp). I did manage to get up entirely too early this morning because I hadn't taken the time to pack last night and I didn't want to be in a rush. Don't worry, in my spare time I cleaned our apartment because that's just what I do. After arriving in Paris we got to play the trains game and make a couple transfers before walking back to our hotel. It is called Etap and it's a cheaper, efficiency-type room for 2 or 3 people and I honestly don't mind it! The shower did smell like vinegar though... We took a quick break to get our stuff setteled before heading out for a brief tour of the hotspots in Paris. We had the privelege of riding the metro train plenty of times throughout the day but we did see it all and got very good at husseling through the stations. We took a lot of great pictures, not me but everyone else because I don't like carrying my camera, I just help other people take pictures and jump into a few of them occasionally. After a busy afternoon of touring we had a group dinner at a pizza type place where it was made with Pita bread and a sour-cream like substance that wasn't cheese. A novel idea but a terrible texture so this lady couldn't eat much of it. Plus Nick and I sat at the small table with the 3 adults so we got an entire pitcher of pop to ourselves and we took advantage of that (they don't serve free water so you have to pay a lot if you get thirsty like after an entire day of walking in 80 degree weather.) When we'd finished dinner we got to go on a boat cruise through the middle of town where all the best buildings can be photographed in the sunset and evening sky. It was amazing. Absolutely perfect. But as amazing as it was, we were exhausted by the time we got home so we did the sensible thing, we showered and went to get snacks from the only place open that we could find. And here it is, 2 am and I'm just getting around to this. Tomorrow we have an official tour of Paris and then an entire afternon/evening to ourselves to go into the Eiffel Tour, shop, visit the Louvre, go to Hard Rock Cafe for dinner, and hit the town to see what it's really like out there! I'm going to need a nap one of these days!

Love,
Jenacious

No comments:

Post a Comment