Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Two Types of Pedestrians

The most memorable lesson we learned today from Dr. Wright is there are 2 kinds of pedestrians in this world: the fast ones, and the dead ones. Luckily I am naturally a fast walker so I can handle that. Today we had breakfast together at the college before another orientation meeting and a campus tour. Took a nap after that, subs for lunch, and our first class period with Dr. Wright. We were done around 4:00 so we went back to the residence to check facebook and unwind before decided what to do. Sara, Nick, and I ended up going to the end of our mapped aread to visit the souvienere shops. We also got to try our first Friets with Mayonaise! They make mayo differently here, with Olive Oil but it is still not my think. The fries were delicious but I couldn't handle the mayo part of it. At least I tried it, that's what everybody told us we needed to do. We also decided to take a different way home so I got to practice my map skills in case I ever need to give someone directions in Belgium! Now we're gathered up in our room to decide what to do for the night! Tomorrow is our cultural tour of Antwerp so we will be walking a lot, can't wait!

Love,
Jenacious

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jen jen i like to read your blog! can't believe you didn't like the mayo though! If i am ever lost I know just who to call ;)

    ReplyDelete