Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chocolate and Waffles

I crossed more major items on the Belgium To-Do list! Today for our Business 341 class we walked around Antwerp for the "Chocolate Crawl" where we sampled the major, most amazing chocolates that Belgium has to offer, learning about their uniqueness and superiority at the same time. Unfortunately our samples were mostly dark chocolate which does not tickle my fancy to begin with, so I was not in love with chocolate by the end of the crawl. But it was a fun time and way better than sitting in a classroom! For lunch I got a 5 Euro sandwhich that was huge and ate maybe half of it at the time, the rest is still in my fridge for lunch tomorrow but it was pretty delicious! After that we had our cultural tour of Antwerp where we learned all about how Antwerp came to be, how it was founded on the success of its port, and more about the deep Catholic history that designes the city. With all of the tours I can now navigate most of Antwerp by myself, but I always have my map with me anyway, just in case. During our free evening I picked up some more souvineres for my lovely friends and family along with a real Belgian waffle and it was delicious! My favorite Belgian food for sure! I also did a little shopping with Michelle and found 2 new scarves since those are the hot fashion items in Antwerp. And they fit in well in Fargo so it's the perfect item to bring home! We spent most of the evening in our room checking facebook and just hanging out since most of the stores and things to see are closed by 6 or 8 every night. We start traveling almost full time next Wednesday so we'll be much busier than we are now, don't worry. It's probably bed time now, have to get sleep sometime!

Love,
Jenacious

No comments:

Post a Comment