Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cheers, Mate!

Wireless connection in Ireland is prime! Along with everything else because this is so far the most beautiful country in all of Europe as I know it. But that's getting ahead of myself, what did we do on Wednesday...

I got up at 10 to throw in some clothes with Nick since we were leaving for over a week and it's nice to have some clean stuff. We met at the train station at 12:30 to trek to Leuven for a tour of the Stella Artois brewery. It was very informative and the tour guide was funny but it's not my favorite kind of beer. We did get a private draughting class at the end and I did a pretty good job preparing my first beer for a customer (even though no one drank it). After that we headed home to get packed for Ireland and chill for one of our last nights in Antwerp. We ended up ordering pizzas and having a little party in our room because that's just what we do. And after a long night of perfecting our packing skills, we decided to just pull and all nighter since we had to be up at 4:30 this morning anyway. We made it till about 4 before falling asleep for a little nap. No worries though, we made it to the bus station on time this morning, ready for the long journey across the sea.

After far too much time waiting to board our plane, we were finally taking off. It was by far the worst turbulance I have ever experienced but I managed to sleep from the time the seat belt light went off to when it came back on for landing, approximately an hour and a half. I was feeling quite groggy as we made our way to the bus in Ireland but I didn't get lost so it's okay. We are spending the week touring with a bus company called Paddy Wagon which looks as outrageous as it sounds. The driver was very nice though, told us lots of good details about Dublin. When we left the airport we first went to lunch and then to the Guiness Storehouse to do self guided tours there. It was a gorgeous building and we're masters of the brewery business. (that's a lie, I hardly paid any attention, I just looked at the pictures.) After that adventure it was straight to a tour with NewEurope tours again, they are my favorite tour company here! We learned so much about the city and the history of Ireland in general. When that was done we got to check in finally, grab some dinner on our own, and then relax in our new rooms because some of us did not get enough sleep last night!

Speaking of which, it is time for bed because my computer is almost dead too. More another day!

Love,
Jenacious

No comments:

Post a Comment